Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I have a Galaxy 5 device, which is about 5 yrs old I took

I have a Galaxy 5 device, which is about 5 yrs old
I took some pictures on it, and wanted to download onto my PC; which was new in July 2015
I plugged in my USB lead, but the message came up saying the device was not compatible, as it was plugged into a usb 3 port
Is there anything I can do?
Mike Dawson
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your PC? Is it a desktop or laptop?Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?Have you tried connecting the phone to each of the USB ports on the PC and check? Please check for all USB ports at the back, at all the sides, at the front, etc.Also, do you have Wi-Fi / wireless (modem / router device) at home?Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Packard Bell Desktop, with Windows 8.1 installed
I connected my device into one of the ports at the rear (which I believe is a USB2) and I was able to view some of my pictures; but not the latest, which I took in December.Why would that be?Mike
Great. Probably those pictures are in a different folders; check all folders on phone (or pictures were accidentally deleted). You were able to view other pictures. From now on, when after taking new pictures, make sure to plug the Galaxy device at a port at the back of your computer, then you can view / transfer those pictures.If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,