Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have TV model UE40D5003BW. How do I connect a soundbar to

i have TV model UE40D5003BW. How do I connect a soundbar to it?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of the soundbar please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havnt actuall purchased one yet. I was thinking of getting it from Tesco. They have a Technic model on offer for £22, but I am open to suggestions. Would prefer a Samsung as it will match tv and dvd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to buy anything until I am convinced that it will work with my tv
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, there are three ways it can be connected, via an optical cable, composite (red and white) or HDMI (arc). It all depends on the soundbar.
For your TV though I checked the output ports and there are no audio output ports, and this actual model cannot even connect to a home theater system.
Sorry but with this TV it is not possible, it is the lowest spec from the TV range. Excellent picture and sound from the actual TV, but not too much functionality sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks. I feared as much. How about connecting a soundbar to just the DVD player. At least I would have decent sound when watching films. . What do you think?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me the make and model of the DVD player please and I can check for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung bd h6500
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes this will work and you can use either a HDMI cable or a Digital Audio Cable.
Page 13 of the manual shows you this
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201402/20140204140842395/02465A-BD-H6500-ZA-ENG-0204_BM.pdf
So make sure your soundbar supports this.