Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

Good morning, I have just bought a Denon

Customer Question

Good morning,
I have just bought a Denon RCD-M40 CD receiver which I intend to run with a Marantz PM6004 amplifier. I was thinking of connecting my existing speakers via a joint cable from my amp into the DM40 and then just plug the DM 40 into the mains as normal.So that when I switched on the amp and the DM40 I would be able to listen to the radio as though it were just a part of the system.Would this work OK and if so would I have to switch the source on the amp over to tuner or AUX to make it work??
Regards,
Doug
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. This is very possible, and not too complicated. Your Marantz has outputs, but there is a possibility that it is wired in a loop, so it may not work. The first thing to do is connect recorder out 1 to analog in on your M40. Switch the source of your M40 to the analog input, and try playing a source from Marantz. If that doesn't work, then it's looped like the older systems. You'll need a step-down unit to connect to your speaker outputs on Marantz, and connect the output of that device to the analog input on your M40. Click here for that device.