Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I upgraded my compaq presario PC to Windows 10 and the dvd

I upgraded my compaq presario PC to Windows 10 and the dvd no longer works. The dvd does not appear on the list using device manager even with show hidden devices switched on. Fie explorer does not show the DVD drive either. The drive itself spins up and appears to be working correctly. I have tried using known and proven DVDs in the unit without success. I am very sure it's a software issue, nothing to do with the hw and probably related to the upgrade.
I am not a technician but did try several options found on the MS site including the regedit item with reg.exe add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0 /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 - but that didn't work either.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What happens when you add the registry item?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ef831f91-791d-4ef0-b2c8-645e6f407e50, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,
1. Click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me:http://tinyurl.com/jbxgsrx2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
It looks like you are not there. When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue; I can connect remotely to your computer and fix. Or maybe your computer model is not fully compatible with Windows 10. If you'd like to, you can remove Windows 10 and go back to your previous working Windows version by doing the following steps:- Click on Start (which is the windows logo icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Settings. Then click on Update & security, then click on Recovery. Then there, select the option to go back to your previous Windows version there, and continue.Note: After going back to your previous Windows version, and if your previous Windows version is 8 or 8.1, and you'd like to have the Start button / Start menu, then please download and install the Classic Shell program at the website below:http://www.classicshell.net/When you are available, you can always reply back to me at the box below on this web page. Thank you.
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.