Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

There I have a Panasonic GH3 DSLR camera. In December the

Hi there I have a Panasonic GH3 DSLR camera. In December the touch part of the rear touchscreen just stopped working for no reason at all. The screen still works on the camera and there doesn't seem to be any fault.
I was wondering how do I get this fixed?
I am in Northern Ireland,
Many Thanks
Gareth
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
There is no function to stop this Gareth, its an issue that has occurred.
Can you remove the battery then let the camera sit for 10 minutes, then connect the battery.
Turn it on and tell me i the screens touch receiver is now working please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard,thank you for your quick response I have just removed the battery and I will let you know in ten minutes as per your instructions.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,there is less that five minutes to go. When I power the camera back up should I have a memory card in it or not?Many ThanksGareth
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You can leave it out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay Richard,here goes!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** know the results please!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,that unfortunately didn't work. The touchscreen is unresponsive
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
How old is the camera?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the camera in January 2013. I only use it for work so it does spend a lot of time not being used. I use it for my video production business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in the bottom left of the frame to the left of the audio recording levels, there is an icon that is indicating that the touchscreen has been turned off, this is why I thought it was a function.If you want I could take a photo of it on my phone and send it to you, will I do that?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you will need to take it to a repair center as they need to replace the digitizer as this has failed. Get a pricing first though as it can be cheaper at times to purchase a replacement camera depending on the cost of the repair
You can locate the closes one on my link below
http://panasonic.eu/ServiceCenter/en_GB/index_uk.html
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay thanks for the help.My last question is how do I cancel the subscription if I want to. I haven't seen in my emails how to cancel the card payments?Many ThanksGareth
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
For those questions Gareth please email***@******.*** and they can assist you with this, I am only an engineer here, I do not know how the payment system works.
Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the smiley faces then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there sure no problem. The reason I ask is that I have been bombarded with questions saying spend this here or there for a quicker response which to be honest ruins the experience.Thanks for you help and time.Gareth