Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

The sound on my dht t100 speaker is not effective until about

Customer Question

the sound on my dht t100 speaker is not effective until about 90 minutes after the tv is on-the cable is optical -any suggestions
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your Tv Base speaker.Let me know the make and model is it Denon DHT-T100 Tv speaker.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes-confirm
how is the speaker connected to the tv. Which audio port are you using to connect the speaker to the tv.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
optical cable
Through optical digital in is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Remove both end of the digital cable and try to clean the optics using soft lint free cloth on both ends. Use a ear cleaning bud/swab to clean the digical port on the tv and the Denon speaker.Inspect the cable for any damage or bend, reconnect and power on the speakers first and then the tv.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a new cable and I have just changed the tv model and the same problem existed with an audio cable-the sound was ok until about 3 months ago
How old it the Denon speaker?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 11 months
We can only try a reset step to the speaker unit as its under 1 year warranty and we cannot open the unit to check for cable connection on the digital port inside it damage or bad.As the unit is under 1 year warrant i will give you the Denon cusomer care number to get the unit replaced or fixed as Ditigal port shuld get connected and produce sound immediately connect to any digital sound output.
If you have another digital port audio system try to connect the Denon to the unit and check if the speakers work on it or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have tried but same result
Same result means the unit has a problem so you would need to call Denon and get a service call register and get the unit replaced or repaired as soon as possible. You only have one last month of warranty to avail. You will not be charged as its under warranty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could have done that without paying £27 -
you have consulted an expert before that however as i said we cannot open the unit to check further you would require a volt meter to check on the main board for voltage flow and signal.As it under warranty you can avail a free repair.
Let me know if you have any question i would be glad to answer.