Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I have an old JVC micro component system: UX -T 151/150 .....radio,

Customer Question

I have an old JVC micro component system: UX -T 151/150 .....radio, tape and cd.
Today have moved it and now can only get one pre set station (which is fine), will not tune in to any other station manually or otherwise. have tried everything inc moving it around the room. Any thoughts?
Also, Tape gave up long ago...but in case you know , when you case you know...when a tape is out in it just makes a clicking sound as tho continually trying to start but cannot, tape doesn't move. Various friends had a look over the years but no joy.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, thanks for getting back to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure how this works...am I waiting for you to reply now or are you just thinking about my query and will come back to me later!?
I would check.the antenna - try using an external antenna. If the antenna isn't connected, often only one or two of the strongest stations will tune in. Tale deck is most likely a belt but it woild have to be taken sort to determine that. I will see if I can find a service manual for.you. Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your thoughts....I will have to get an external antenna to try it out. Will come back to you in the next week or so to confirm if that worked or not.....never needed one but guess may need one now ! Cheers
Fiona
The signals are susceptible to so much in the environment, it's tough to predict whether it will be a factor, even from one room to another or with different atmospheric conditions. There airwaves have been very active with changes, as well, which can shift interference in the spectrum. Let me know how you make out. If it turns out to be a mechanical issue, we can take a look at that as well.Mike