Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Samsung tv not responding to handset, put it on then volume

samsung tv not responding to handset, put it on then volume goes straight to max does not respond to volume control on the side of tv cannot get into settings or source handset not making any difference
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).
Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry did not work. volume not responding at all cannot get sky on now

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Are the buttons on the actual TV itself responding Penny?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cannot see your answer to the second question. Have the settings page up now but it will not work it is stuck on mode and flashing from standard to the choice box

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
no problem, ill repeat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes can turn it on and off the volume button does not work can get into settings but it seems stuck on mode and it is flashing between standard and the choice box. Can use tv buttons to switch between ext...pc..tv etc cannot get sky up now though

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you replace the batteries in the remote and tell me if it then functions please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry no difference

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.