Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I have a panasonic lumix dmc-FZ330 camera. my query is when

I have a panasonic lumix dmc-FZ330 camera. my query is when in P mode i cannot activate the program shift. I am not using 4k and not in I iso, so what can it be thats stopping the program shift activating. I have updated to version 2 software.I compared the shooting situation with my fz200 at the same time and it does not have this problem so it still means something is not quite right on my 330
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question if you still need assistance.
To adjust shift in P mode, once set to P mode, press the shutter half way, then While the numeric values are displayed (approximately 10 seconds), rotate the rear dial to change the values using Programme Shift.If you are trying to use the side dial, you can, but you have to set this option up in the camera's setup options first ([Custom] menu to [F/SS]. When engaged you should see a "P" with a diagonal double-headed arrow in the bottom left.It sounds like you are pretty well versed with the camera though, and to confirm what you are saying, there is nothing else that should be able to prevent you from activating this function other than 4k and the ISO setting.Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I still do not see the double headed arrow even using your instruction.The values do change but I don't know if I am in p shift. With the fz200 there is no problem.
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
That symbol should show up, however if the values do change, then it would seem you are in p shift. I would give it a try and see if it is changing the apparent brightness... maybe take a few photos together with different p shift settings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The P shift has now returned after I reset to default settings from the menu , much to my surprise as I do not know what caused the problem in the first place, at least I will know what to do next time.