Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a camcorder VP-L700U 8mm I am trying to find a cable

Customer Question

I have a camcorder VP-L700U 8mm
I am trying to find a cable to connect a new tv.
My present cable only has 2 wires (part of RCA) yellow and white.
My new TV has RCA splitter coming out with 3 wires White Yellow and RED.
At present I get a discolored picture red or green in silhouette and a loud buzzing sound.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If you just connect the yellow (which is video) to the yellow port on the TV, how does the picture look?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, my tv is PanasonicTX-48CX400B it just has a Yellow RCA splitter into 3 (Red White Yellow ) coming out of the side.
When I try to just put the yellow from the camera in it is a loose fit and I get no signal
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your connecting it to the port on the side?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if its a loose fit then your not using the right cable on the camcorder.This is the cable you need to use Stevehttp://www.amazon.co.uk/VP-DC171Bi-VP-DC171Wi-VP-DC175Wi-VP-DC171WB-VP-DC175WB/dp/B00M0F48VKIt then plugs into the yellow, red and white ports on the TV to get sound and video from it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, Ive just looked your link, 2 questions - I cannot see VP-L700 listed and secondly the picture shows the connection into the camcorder having 3 black bands around the insert.My present one issued withe camera only has 2 bands on the metal insert.
In other words is the cable for a newer model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My model is approx 10yrs old
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It has a lot of models listed so can be easy to miss but you will see the VP- L Series which covers yours
It works for just about every Panasonic. Yours does not make use of the 3rd band
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fine Ok will try it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I marked this question to never close so any issues let me know here.
But if its too lose in the TV, then it does not appear you have the right cable as the yellow is only every one size for nearly 20 years now.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
and if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,Just received the part you recommended from Amazon.
Tried it on the TV and video but no joy in fact worse, no legible picture whatsoever and still high pitched buzzing sound.
I know that my original connection was not right but at least there was a picture although with massive silhouettes.
Any further suggestions?
Steve
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Do you have another TV to connect it to Steve? Can you try on that as a test to see if the fault is with the port on the TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have previous Phillips TV but it worked fine on that, presumably because it only needed 2 jacks Yellow &White, Panasonic is 3 as you know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it the age of my video that's the problem?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, as they always needed three, 2 was for mono sound.
Yello is all you need to worry about for now as thats Video.
Looks like the ports on the TV are faulty, but when you connect it, did you switch input ports to the correct input?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I'm aware, yes, the manual for the tv shows Side AV ( audio/video) one jack with 3 black bands, splitting to 3 White/Red/Yellow. then the new connector having 3 wires joining into 1 jack with the 3 black bands for the video which previously had only 2. The tv is one of the smart types with 4K enhancements does that have any bearing?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, if your plugged it into the correct port it would then work.
Its the yellow port that gives video. The only cause for this left is the port is faulty on the TV and would need replacing as we know the cable works on the other TV.
Its the only cause for it left.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll get onto the manufacturers, tried them before but had no joy just palmed off saying it needed 3 pins to work.
Do you have any numbers or contact details I just got there details from the web
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The number is *****(###) ###-####
Remember, you only need yellow for video
White and Red are for sound.