Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a LG telivision, it just started to flicker and

hi, I have a LG telivision, it just started to flicker and then stopped working. It comes on and off but thats all
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mez62730602 rev01. 009mayyon682. 32ld490zbbekolip. these are the numbers i see on the tv. because its on the wall i cannot seem to get behind the tv. sorry.
Nothing else is connected to that television
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** LG TV model number.- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?- Does TV turn back On itself or need to press power button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem started yesterday morning. the television is only three years old. and yes its a lg series
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
- Does TV turn back On itself or need to press power button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
need power button. the tv just shows thats its on but nothing else. Cant change channels or do anything else with remote. Its just gone dumb
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. - Is there any graphics/ menu options appear on TV screen? - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
good morning Shahid,
I tried all of the above nothing is working. the only thing that is seen is when the tv turns on is the light and nothing else. It turns on with the remote, so power is going to it but thats all
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Good morning!TV symptoms indicate video processor chip on main board failure and you would need to replace main board that will help to resolve the problem. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If TV is out of warranty then this repair may cost you good money. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.