Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

The TVs screen is putting up programme information, sustitles

The TVs screen is putting up programme information, sustitles etc without remote control.
We are unable to clear them when the pop up if we manage to then another will appear.
It is not possible to turn TVs off via remote only at the set. After pushing most buttons on the remote to try to solve problem notice that the green light is 'blinking'.
The TV is Bravia & a number of years old. Thank you for your attention.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KDL-32V5500(###) ###-####04/2009Panasonic DVD recorder model DMR-EZ48vEBI signed up to pay via PayPal their email said that it is £20 monthly. Is this correct ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The DVD recorder is the only equipment conected to the tv
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.Does TV display normal picture when playback DVD?You have signed up monthly subscription plan, it can be cancel if you don't want it and I'll ask customer service accordingly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.PayPal not sure I understand why would I need to pay each month. What would I be paying for?
I just thought that this session is cost £ 20. surely if you solve the problem now.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Please contact customer service at given link/ number about billing issues as I have no control over such matters..http://ww2.justanswer.com/helpCall:(###) ###-####nce done, please come back here to continue troubleshooting process. We would hopefully sort it out and if the problem is due to hardware failure then you would need to replace defective part/ board to get it solved.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. I guess that in view of the age of TV your guess that it is a hard wear prob would appear to be the answer.I am sorry about the pay pal prob & I appreciate that it is not under your control. I shall now try to sort it out with them.Your attention is much appreciated. Will be back once I have sort PayPal situation out. Me thinks a new TVs is in order.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info - Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check? If not yet, can you try it now?If problem persist then it would be hardware related like remote sensor failure or main board is failing and causing the issue and at that point you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending money and time on this old unit. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.