nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

The dialogue sound on my home theatre system is very weak.

the dialogue sound on my home theatre system is very weak. How can I adjust it please ?
I have an Onkyo RC-840m.
Thank you for your help. Louisa
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.You can try changing the sound mode to VOCAL Mode for better dialogue sound quality. Press the SOUND MODE button on your remote. This button switches between the Normal Mode and Vocal Mode. The ON/STANDBY LED flashes white once by selecting the Normal Mode. When the mode is switched to the Vocal Mode, the ON/STANDBY LED flashes white twice.Reply if you have any other query. Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can get credited for my answer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a specific sound mode button on my remote. I do have three buttons under the caption Remote Mode: one is MODE and one is TV and one is RECEIVER. Shall I try one of these ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also wonder if I can get at the controls for the speakers so as to turn up the central speech one as I understand it is ?
The button will be on the Onkyo Remote. Also mention the details of the home theater system(Brand and model).
Does your remote look like this.(Check attached image)If yes then the buttons under 5 changes the sound mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it looks like that but the last button say THX. Which one do I push please ? The projector is an Epson. EH TW8100 as far as I can see it.
Press any of them. Movie/TV/Game they are all different sound modes present. Check each of them and see which suits you the best.Don't forget to rate the chat. Cheers!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try to see if it works first then of course I will rate you.
All right.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have turned on the sytem - have Sky tv on the screen and I press the button saying movie/tv and nothing happens ? Should I have turned it to something else to start ?
Press the Receiver button first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
screen went blank except for the small no source in the bottom right hand corner and then the tv came back on ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
left hand corner -sorry
Do you have a remote for the sound system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I use the onkyo
Press Receiver button first and then the Sound mode buttons (MOVIE/TV,MUSIC, GAME,THX). And check does the listening mode change or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been pressing the receiver button at the top left of the remote but now I will try the one between tv and muting
Press this one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yep done it - first time nothing - second time - changed for the better and said full mono. Well done. It worked. I will rate you 5 star. Thanks Louisa
Thanks Louisa. Glad to know that it worked. Cheers!Regards Nathan.