*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My remote suddenly stopped working,changed the batteries

Customer Question

My remote suddenly stopped working,changed the batteries no joy,
Purchased a replacement ct-90378 unit and still does not work.
Any advice?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV that you operate with CT-90378 remote?Thanks.
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Which Toshiba do you have please? Toshiba 46WL800A 55WL800A 42YL863B 42WL863R
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience: I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
42VL863
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where have you gone?
Im still here sorry for the delay.
this sounds like an issue with the tv itself. Do you have anything in front of the tv? How is it mounted? wall or stand etc..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stand, with nothing in front of it
okay, thank you. Try this using the menu button and channel volume buttons on the tv to reset the tv.In the System Setup menu, pressSystem Information.Press OK to display the System Information.Press OK for a screen showing detailed technicalinformation about the selected multiplex.Select Reset TV, this will reset all TV settings, including savedchannels, to their original factory values.In the System Setup menu, pressReset TV.Press OK to select. A screen will appear warning thatall settings will be lost. Press OK to continue
You can also use one of the following procedures below to reset the TV. Procedure 2 1. Press the MENU button ( on the TV) to open the Setup menu.2. Using the arrow keys on the remote (or volume / channel on the TV), select SETTINGS > SETUP > RESET TV and press ENTER. NOTE: If a PIN code has been set, enter your PIN code. Select DONE and press ENTER. 3. A confirmation screen appears. Select YES, and press ENTER. To cancel the reset process, select NO and press ENTER. The TV will turn off automatically to complete the reset process. Procedure 3 1. Press the SETUP button.2. Select Installation > Reset TV.3. Enter your PIN code (if a PIN code has been set). A confirmatiom screen appears.4. Select Yes, and then press the OK button. The TV will turn off automatically.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you the problem has now been solved,
thats great!