Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Just recently I attempted to put a CD on my Alba Micro

Just recently I attempted to put a CD on my Alba Micro CD Hi Fi compact system and although the CD tray lid came up when I pressed it, I found that I could not press it down.
However, It will play a CD if I push it down manually and place a heavy book on top of it.
Do you know how I can fix this annoying problem?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on HiFi system?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid,Yes, I did have problems as your site would not accept my email. The model number on My HiFi system is A ***********
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply, sorry about inconvenience caused by website, it seems serial number, please check the model number that would be written nearby.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi shahid,Sorry, The number near by is : 054.ThanksAnne
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Model number would be like EX116AX or some thing similar.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OR SYS1773CDUSB etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shaid,The other number on my Alba is:SYS1769CD
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Anne for model number info. This kind of problem occurs due to failure of catcher lock that holds the CD lid when you push it down and pushing the lid second time release the lock so lid opens. Please click following links to view the catcher lock that need to be replaced in your HiFi system to resolve the problem.http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mKyNg5DXT5qbjz6hImZu7yQ.jpghttp://i.ebayimg.com/images/a/(KGrHqZ,!hYE5sP5gzKOBOgmiOPIkw~~/s-l300.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41wmdcJlirL._SY300_.jpgThis lock would be located on front edge of CD compartment and a tab of CD lid goes into lock when close it down. A technician is required to replace the lock because sound system will take apart to remove the old/ damaged lock. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.