Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

With Panasonic recorders that have both disc and hard drive

With Panasonic recorders that have both disc and hard drive is it possible on the same machine to copy hard drive onto disc?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Yes it is via the below instructions on nearly all models
Put your DVD disk into the recorder unit and make sure that this has been formatted.
Put the unit into HDD mode by pressing the Drive Select button on the DVD remote until you see HDD on the DVD LCD screen.
Press the Function menu button on the DVD remote, select Others, and press OK.
Then select Advance Copy and press OK.
The first option should be "Copy Direction", which should display HDD to DVD.
Then select the second option which says "Copy Speed". Press the right arrow button and then select "Recording Mode" and press OK.
Then select the mode you wish to copy in, XP, SP, LP, or EP depending on how long the program is.
Go to "Create List" and press the right arrow button which will take you to a blank table. Press OK to access your HDD.
Find the program(s) that you want to copy from your HDD and press the II (pause) button. These will be added to the list.
When you have selected them all, press the OK button to confirm, press the left hand arrow to go back to Create List and then press down to "Start Copying", and then press OK.
You will then be asked if you want to finalise the disc (so the disc can be played on other DVD units). Once you have selected Yes or No, then the copying will start.
IF your able to do these instructions then the model your friend has is capable of doing this, else it will not be.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for a prompt reply. This is probably a one off request since I have little interest in technology
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome and thats no problem at all, its by default a one off question.
Let me know if you need anything else, and please remember the service rating via one of the smiley faces then submit so I am credited for assisting you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fine. Thanks again. Five stars