Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I was dusting around my Samsung 19", TV which was on at the

Customer Question

I was dusting around my Samsung 19", TV which was on at the time, and it suddenly turned itself off! I have checked all the connections but no joy. Any advice?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).
Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****,
I have done as you suggested but no success! I look forward to any other suggestions you have.
Sheena
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Are there any lights showing at all Sheena?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not on the TV.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal power board that has faulted. Its will have been faulting but a static discharge from the dusting will have caused it to completely fail.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard just to let you know that the next day everything was working fine and has continued to do so ever since! I didn't realise I was meant to rate it however I think this note should do instead. Do I pay this this?!
Sheena