Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

HiI have a Sony DVd recorder HXD970 with 250GB HDD.All

Customer Question

I have a Sony DVd recorder HXD970 with 250GB HDD.
All is fine except I have noticed lately that it does not store the TV channels, every time I turn on the DVD, I have to re tune? Which it does fine, then all is ok for a while until it powers down and then you go back a day or two later and they all gone again? Any ideas?
Gary
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.
Is there a chance that the mains power is not connected constantly? For example, if it is plugged into a power source like a TV or a cable or satellite box, when the power is cut to the unit, the internal battery will not maintain the channel tuning indefinitely. If this happens, it should also temporarily affect the time, but that should set correctly within several seconds.It is possible to replace the internal battery on the recorder, but it's a big job. You shouldn't need to do this if it has constant power, though.Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,Sorry for late response, working myself. Ok, no the DVD player is plugged directly to the mains, so has power and the clock is ok, reading correct time. Freeview digital antenna goes direct into DVD and out into Samsung Smarthub for TV. HDMI connects the DVD player to the smarthub, also into the smarthub is HDMI for cable(Virginmedia). HDMI connects to surround sound system from the hub as well. There is no reason for the DVD to be disconnected from mains at all and rely on battery backup. As I say the time is always correct as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I notice I have had no further response to the problem, is there any other reason this could be happening?
There is not a possible reason of which I am aware. I will open the question to all experts to see if someone else has constructive input.Mike