Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Lumix dmc tz60 I have a display message "System Error (Focus)

Customer Question

lumix dmc tz60 I have a display message "System Error (Focus) and the lens is part extended and uncovered. I have tried removing then replacing the battery.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This can be the gearing that is getting jammed, so I want you to try the following please.
Turn the camera off.
Turn it upside down and put it on something that vibrates such as an electric razor, then turn it on. Repeat a few times to try to get the gearing to work and tell me if it then functions please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried what you suggested but it still doesn't function
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal gearing or drive motor that has faulted.
We have ruled out the other cause for this
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have a diagnostics run on it and then the faulting component replaced.
It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.