Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Sir I have a GO700 i Bought Safty Camers Yesterday but it does

Customer Question

Sir I have a GO700 i Bought Safty Camers Yesterday but it does not work on the screen on the left hand side a safty camera symbole appears wity a cross un usuai could you help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you do the following please
Tap LIVE Services.
Tap Speed Cameras.
Tap Enable alerts.
Does it then function?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
when i switched on the sat nave the caera symbole did not appear on the screen like it use to i willhave to go out and check it out with a speed camera i will get back to you Trevor
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
ok, Please let me know the results Trevor.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Richard I have returned after visiting fixed camers on the road my GO700 did not pick up one signal from the Camers what next Trevor
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
You mean it did not show the fixed camera on the Map Trevor?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
YES it did not show the fixed camers on the map
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
where did you buy saftey cameras from and how did you install it?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I bought the Saftey Camers From TomTomon the 19th January order no###-##-####i installed it through my Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
You followed these instructions correct?
http://www.scdb.info/en/installation-tomtom-go/
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I cant Rember can i try and install it again
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
yes, please do and make sure to follow the instructions exactly as listed in the file I gave you.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else Let me know the results please
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
DO i hve to connect the sat nav to the laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Ok, do you have the USB cable that came with the Sat Nav?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
YES I can connect it when you say
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
ok, now I need to connect to your computer please
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi RICHARD iclicked the down load for free there is no i d ore password ***** come up what next
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
You need to complete all the instructions I gave please, you only just downloaded.
So once downloaded, run the file and install the program please.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
HI RICHARD THE ID903 082 792 Password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Are you sure thats the right ID and that you still have the program open? As it connect connect to your computer
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
YES the id and password ***** *****
Yes the id and password ***** *****
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
ok, then you closed the program, which is why it cannot connect.
Please open the program, give me the new password ***** gives you and leave the program open please.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Richard i am having a problem it is comming up there is a fault will try again in a few minutes
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
ok, can you please restart the computer and then try again
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I speak to Richard please?
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Hi Trevor, I am here
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Richard I am with a Friend who is better on the computer he is going to help me
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
ok, no problem, have him follow these instructions if he can
Let me know how he goes please
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Richard, I followed the instructions, but I think they are a little out of date. I downloaded the free version of the file in the instructions, extracted and copied them to the correct directories on the satnav and then followed through setting up each speed camera with a warning sound and distance. I believe it should work now but I will need Trevor to test it.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
It depends on which firmware you have, but if you put the OV2 files in the folder it will work
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
He is running an old tomtom go 700, I will ask him to test it and will let you know how it goes. I put the files into the correct folder
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
we have tried
this has not worked
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Where exactly did you get the download from? Please show me the link
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
http://www.scdb.info/en/plugin-tomtom-go/#product-download i chose free download
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
did you try multiple cameras in the event the one you checked was not in the database?
And is it selected as a POI in the POI's (which you access via the menu)
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
they were all selected.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
ok, and did you try multiple cameras in the event the one you checked was not in the database?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
yes
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
all cameras were selected, per the instructions
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Are you seeing other POI's eg: Restaurants?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
only option i see is the download poi
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
we have poi's for restaurants fastfood on satnav, yes
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
we have menu, POI near you, poi in city, poi near home, poi along route, poi near destination , as the menu options.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
ok, on the back of the device is a reset button, using a paperclip and with it powered on, push it in and hold for 10 seconds then release.
Then plan a navigation and watch the Demo router and you can see if it shows the speed cameras.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the view route icon is greyed out.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
do you have an sd card in it?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
no there is no sd card.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Can you put one in please, and then tell me if you can then view the route.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
There is no SD card slot
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Actually on the 700 they did not include it
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
That is not our SATNAV
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Its the Go700 which is what was told to me as what you have....
"Sir I have a GO700 i Bought Safty Camers Yesterday but it does not work on the screen on the left hand side a safty camera symbole appears wity a cross un usuai could you help"
but the only other cause for this is the OV2 files are not compatible with this model.
They have changed the format in the files that has caused this. If your 100% sure they are installed correctly and enabled, and we have ruled out the firmware as the issue via the reset, then the only cause left is incompatibility and the cameras are not going to run on this model.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
When I turn it on it says go700 I will send you a picture so that you know there is no SD card slot
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
yes, the 700 does not have a SD slot, I mentioned this in a followup message, all models except this one does. I only recalled after sending the message.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
So what do you recommend? There has previously been speed cameras on this model, they were purchased and put on when I first bought it, so I do not think they are incompatible.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I think you should take remote access of my computer again and reload on the Ov2 files to make sure it is done correctly. My technical friend is here and so he can make sure the team viewer in running correctly so we do not have the problem like last time.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
I can check if the files are put in the correct location, and if they are then its a compatibility issue, its the only cause for this.
If you run Teamviewer and provide the ID and Password ***** can check if the instructions where done correctly.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I.D 903 082 792
Passcode: 5806
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Are you going to connect?
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
connecting...
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Richard, After about 2years trying to get the Speed Camers on to my GO700Satnav at last you were able with your instruction to get done 100persent Thank you Trevor