*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have just bought a Panasonic DMR EX 97 EB recorder because

Customer Question

I have just bought a Panasonic DMR EX 97 EB recorder because I want to be able to record onto discs. I would also like to connect it to speakers so that I can get a higher quality sound for my classical recordings. Unfortunately there do not appear to be any sockets for audio. My last three Panasonic recorders had them. This seems strange and a company such as Panasonic could not have left them out. The speakers on televisions are not of very good quality. Please help me to find a solution. Thank you. Leo.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.I can help you get the audio connected to your home theater speakers. Let me know the brand and model of you tv and speaker system please?
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience: I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****, Sorry. I pressed the wrong button. You are waiting for my reply. My TV is a Sony KDL 32V4000 and my Hi-Fi and speakers are JVC DR-E22L Sterio double cassette deck receiver. (but rather old) to which the speakers are at present attached. As this is the latest model from Panasonic I still do not understand why it does not have the facility to attach speakers. I look forward to your reply. Leo
Okay, no problem. I will get that info for you. Give me a few minutes please.
What type of speaker connections does your JVC have? The Red/White cable should work on the DMR audio out.
>image>
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My JVC does have a white/red cable. However you did not explain what you mean by "on the DMR out". As I have explained there are no audio out sockets on the DMR EX97EB. If I am wrong then explain to me where I will them on the machine. Please let me know.
okay, you will need an audio extractor to connect the JVC red/white>PLEASE CLICK HERE<
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information. I am sorry that I did not come back to you earlier as I did not realise that you had put your reply on an e-mail. You suggest that I buy a Toslink audio extractor. I would like your assistance on where to connect it to the TV and HiFi unit. Which sockets do I use on my Sony TV and which ones on the JVC Hifiifi . By the way the HiFi only has the facility to clip the wires in.---No sockets for plugs. I hope that I have made myself clear and that You will be able to give me the answers to complete.your assistance. I am ever so grateful. I await your reply. Leo
yes, connect the HDMI from the DMR into the Toslink HDMI in, then connect the tv to the Toslin HDMI out, then connect the JVC red/white audio input to the Toslink red/white audioo out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your instructions. As I see it I will need one HDMI cable from DMR to Toslin HDMI in. one HDMI cable from Toslin HDMI out to TV. one RED/WHITE cable from JVC red/white audio input to Toslin red/white out. Question 1. Will I have to buy these cables ?. Question 2. Are there HDMI in and out sockets on the Toslin ?. I do not appear to see them on the illustration. Question 3. Do I need a power cable from the Toslin box. If you will be kind enough to answer these queries then I should be able to proceed. Thank you. Leo
Yed, that is the correct way to connect the Toslink. You will need to connect the Toslink to a power outlet, the Toslink does come with a power cord. Yes you will need to get 2 HDMI Cables and one red white cable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your last reply. I would just appreciate one final point. That the Toslik in and out sockets connect to the end of the HDMI cable in the normal way. As this is not apparent from the photograph. Thank you. Leo
Yes, the Toslink has the normal HDMI sockets.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. I shouild now be able to make the connections. I did not mention that I am with Talk-Talk and have a "You View" box. Willthis make any difference to my set up. ? I await your reply. Leo
The connection will be the same if your cable from the youview box to the TV is hdmi.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again. Leo
your welcome!