*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Clavinova CLP 535- turned it on today and no display comes

Clavinova CLP 535- turned it on today and no display comes up on menu board. Have tried restarting it in various ways, pressed exit buttons, menu button repeatedly- nothing. The piano plays its last setting 'yamaha' sound piano setting. But that's it.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. This sounds like a glitch in the CLP 535 firmware.Try a power reset first, unplug the power cord from the outlet. Then press the on button for 20 seconds. Then plug back in and power on. If that fails follow these steps next>Turn OFF the keyboard's power.Press and hold down the rightmost white key while turning ON the keyboard.Once the power is ON, release the rightmost key. The keyboard will reinitializePlease reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No joy I'm afraid. I'd tried that before- as it's in the manual. Also tried unplugging. So all the suggestions have been done ( and done again as you described ) but the display board is still blank.
I am sorry about this,unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. Since we have ruled out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while powered on. Since this failed then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. The only option will be on site repair by a technician. What is your postal code please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's still under guarantee- so I'll call the company I bought it from
thats good news!Please let me know if you need any other assistance. Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!