Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have just purchased a Samsung UE40JU6500 UHD smart TV, connected

I have just purchased a Samsung UE40JU6500 UHD smart TV, connected to a terrestrial aerial. The broadband provider is BT and we have fast broadband and use a BT Home Hub 5. When I set up the TV all functions worked perfectly, including playing catch up. Very shortly afterwards, BBC iplayer and the Channel 4 equivalent struggled to work and ITV Hub would not show video. Yesterday I installed a BT broadband dual frequency extender to see whether a boosted signal would overcome the problem. I changed the TV broadband connection to the stronger signal from the extender. This lunchtime all catch up channels worked fine. This evening no catch up channel will connect (although the Freeview TV channels remain good).
I have checked our BT internet connections and they are rated good (Download 21.8 and Upload 1.83). No other devices were connected apart from the TV.
Please can you help?
Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is currently and issue affecting a wide range of Samsung TV's. I have been dealing with customers who have been having this problem all week.
The issue is its not an issue on your side but with the Samsung servers to process the data via the players. The downside sorry is for now there is nothing you can do about this on the actual TV.
An alternative is to use the iPlayer on a Android phone and stream it to the TV, or via your computer.
You are welcome to call on 0330(###) ###-####to have this confirmed and they will communicate that they are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.