Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sony Bravia wireless tv on my wall . The receiver

Customer Question

I have a Sony Bravia wireless tv on my wall . The receiver is MBT-W1 . I have just purchased a Sony HT-CT381wireless soundbar. I have connected the hdmi cable to the soundbar (HDMI input arc) then to the only hdmi connection on the side of the TV but no sound. I have changed the setting to audio as stated in troubleshooting. I have also tried to Bluetooth the speaker with my iPad but not picking up.
Any ideas
Mark
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. TV HDMI also has to be ARC feature to work with soundbar and I'm sorry, non of HDMI input (TV and media box) has ARC feature thus only option is to connect Optical Cable in optical input of soundbar and hook it into Optical Out at media box to get sound output whatever you watch on TV.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.