Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I live in UK and have a Toshiba Satellite L750-1XH which is

I live in UK and have a Toshiba Satellite L750-1XH which is working perfectly well apart from my sound has suddenly started vanishing then coming back intermittently. What can I do about this, do I need to download a new driver? If so, what do I need? Layman's terms please, I don't do technical!!
Teresa
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
For which application is this problem happening on Teresa?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything with sound
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
And is the sound coming and going without you touching any settings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, it buzzes and vanishes, buzzes and comes back, have checked all settings and they are fine.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you connect headphones to the Laptop and tell me if via the Laptop you have the same problem please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never use headphones I'm afraid
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but can you do this test for me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, don't have any headphones!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me when the problem started please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 3 weeks ago
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me please which version of windows you are running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really only use my sound when listening to songs or clips on youtube
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you click start, type in
System Restore
Press enter
Follow the onscreen instructions and perform a system restore choosing a restore date before this problem occurred.
Let this complete and when it has, tell me if the sound is now functioning correctly please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, not sure when this problem first began as I don't use the sound very often, only discovered it about 3 weeks ago but it could have happened at any time really. Sorry, I'm not much help at all. Told you I don't do technical!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, choose a date before 3 weeks please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I choose a date that is not being shown? Only showing dates for this month
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Select the check box to show additional dates and it should then display them,
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Richard, fast losing the will to live now, will contact a computer savvy friend for this. Thank you so much for your attempted assistance with a complete imbecile, I must say I have learned more today though, thanks again,
Teresa
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok Teresa,
All signs though point to the speakers themselves as the issue. Its not the driver else you get no sound at all, and as you said it happens everywhere you play sound.
The simplest way to confirm this would be to plug some headphones in, if there is no issue on the headphones, its the speaker thats at fault and needs replacing.
Glad you learnt some things today! and If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the smiley faces then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.