Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My sony tv started switching on and off while watching it

my sony tv started switching on and off while watching it
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the model number KDL 46HX803
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.- How long TV stays On and Off, any idea?- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I mean, when turn On the TV, how long it stays On - 10 minutes or an hour etc and when it switches Off, how long it stays Off and does it turn back On itself or need to press power button?Also, does power light on TV turn to flashing red any time during this off-on process?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have MXQ box connected to the tv,xbox,chrome cast
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, did you get my previous reply?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i got it. The tv stays on sometimes for longer hours but the moment it starts switching on and off it happens like every 30secs
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, is the TV connected to internet?Also, have you tried to upgrade/ update TV firmware?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes the light does turn red from green anytime it switches of and green back immediately and it will on and off again and on again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes tv is connected to internet with ethernet cable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, if 'system update' option is On under Home menu > Product Support option which will keep the TV to get latest firmware then I'm afraid it seems main board is failing and causing the problem.- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check? If not yet, can you try it now to see if it helps?If it doesn't fix the problem then main board of TV will be replaced to resolve the problem.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.