Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Purchased suundbar. tv is non-arc compatible. instructions

Customer Question

purchased suundbar. tv is non-arc compatible. instructions show HDMI cable from bar to tv HDMI in and optical digital audio cable to OPTICAL Out. My tv does not appear to have the latter. What do I need to do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV and soundbar in question?2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Shahid
Thank you for your assistance, you may live to regret having been assigned to me as I have little technical knowledge. I can plug the system into the mains and after that....very little.
I will, however, try to answer your questions to the best of my ability.
The Panasonic TV Model No. is TX 32LXD7
Panasonic Soundbar SC HTE 80
From the TV by HDMI cable there is a Tivo box and BluRay DVD player. The cable from the TV ends with a plug into which the seperate leads are inserted. This has worked for some time and I thought the Soundbar could be similarly attached, but, because my TV is non-ARC compatible (?) this is not possible and the instructions tell me to also connect an optical digital audio cable. My TV does not appear to have an Optical Out port.
Hope this is of assistance and has not confused you as it has me.
Thanks***** *****
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, your TV does have RCA jacks labeled as 'Audio Out' located above the scart jacks at rear side, similar jacks are also available at sound system labeled as AUX, all it needs Audio Cable that would have red-white RCA pins on both ends, connect red-white pins into Audio Out jacks on TV and plug the other end into AUX jacks at back of sound system. Select AUX input in sound system through its remote and you should get program sound whatever program you watch on TV.Please click following link to view audio cable to have better idea, this cable would be available in nearest store..http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-Phono-RCA-Male-Stereo/dp/B0037JBUDW/ref=sr_1_33?ie=UTF8&qid=1453638330&sr=8-33&keywords=RCA+audio+stereo+cableI trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks Shahid. I shall make the necessary purchase tomorrow. Your answer seems so obvious now you have explained it to me. I guess, in my panic, I overlooked the audio out connections back of the TV, though,in my defence, they are not hi-lited in my operating instructions.Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid
Have purchased and installed audio cables and the soundbar is now working, but I am getting an echo with the sound. Any suggestions? Could it be because I have the TV on top of the soundbar?Mike
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike,Have you tried to reduce TV volume at zero level which should stop echo effect?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fantastic ! Thanks. Sorry to have been a pain.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, glad to know that problem is resolved.Have nice time!