adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Customer Service
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

I have 2 M5 speakers and a hub all connected using the

Customer Question

Hi, I have 2 M5 speakers and a hub all connected using the multiroom app. However I cannot get the app to find my Samsung HW-H7501 soundbar. Can you help.
Regards Allan
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.
was it working previously, or is this your first time trying to connect the soundbar?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Morning Michael
I have had my 4K Samsung TV for 1 yr, it came with the soundbar and sub woofer, I set them up without any problem and have a great system. A couple of weeks ago I decided to investigate Samsung Multiroom and eventually bought to M5 speakers and the Samsung Wam250 wireless hub to control my new system. The 2 speakers were set up easily and then I tried to set up the soundbar / woofer. I have read extensively on the net including avforums. However nothing has helped me get the soundbar / woofer connected, which of course is leaving my main lounge without my music but possibly with the best speaker system, very annoying. So I have turned to this service. I am out this morning but as I mainly work from home I should be around from 1 pm today and most of the week if you wish to speak to me directly. My mobile is 07808 475370. Thanks for helping. Cheers Al
Make sure you have ARC turned on in the TV options. The soundbar is controlled only by the TV, so this will allow audio to be returned back to the system. Mike
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, MikeThan you for the answer unfortunately I can't try that remedy at the moment,I will probably get a chance around 4-5pm tomorrow. I will let you know if it works. Regards Allan
OK... thank you, Allen. Reply to me then and I will be alerted to your reply.Mike
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Morning Michael
I got early to have a play with my system. The soundbar has always been connected by HDMI to the evolution box HDMI ARC connection. I cannot find any ARC settings on my TV menu, however I can play anything from my TV through my soundbar and my new M5 speakers, this worked straight out of the box when I first tried it. My problem is that when I use the multiroom app to stream from Spotify I get the music through my M5 speakers but not through my soundbar. I have tried several times and methods to add the soundbar to the multiroom system but it is never found. Maybe there is an ARC setting on the TV menu, I have seen it somewhere before possibly on first setting up the tv soundbar system but it's not mentioned anywhere now. Any ideas?
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 10 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thanks for your patience,
Adam
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Adam
I think I will cancel.
The problem is that there may not be a solution, or if there is there is no one who you can ask.
Another reason, I think there may be a work around but it will be to convoluted and impractical to do
just for the odd occasion, that I want to listen to my music in the front lounge as opposed to my office where
I have my M5 speakers located.
Sorry for causing any extra work for your guys.
Presumeably my Paypal payment will be re-imbursed?
Regards Allan