Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My printer is working OK documents but when I try

My printer is working OK for copying documents but when I try to print from the computer it shows "printer not ready for printing"
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you using a windows or Mac computer?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
printer still not responding to computer and showing"printer not ready to print"
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is the printer connecting to the computer wirelessly or via a cable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
via a cable
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you connect the cable via a different port on the computer, then wait 4 minutes then try to print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No alternative port for connection
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Whats the make and model of the computer as all computers come with a minimum of 2 ports
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Intel Core 13 Windows 7
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats just the processor... not the make and model
there will be other USB ports, 100%
Please check carefully on the back, side and front, you will find additional ports.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have put the lead into another port on the computer and turned off the power to the printer. Still the same note about the printer not being ready
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** confirms the issue
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
We have ruled out all other causes for this
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.