Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

My zte blade III phone won't connect to wifi - I switch it

Customer Question

My zte blade III phone won't connect to wifi - I switch it on so it looks to all as though it is connected but the icon doesn't appear on the top line and it keeps asking me to connect to my network ( which is saved in my phone ) Please help it's very annoying
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Follow these steps please.
go to the Wifi section of your settings menu. Find your wifi network name. Long press it, then chose "Forget."
Then power off the phone and power back on. Then try wifi again by connecting to your network again and enter the wifi password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but it's still not worked - was working fine at the weekend! I keep getting the message saying wi-fi networks available which I tap and press connect on our network but still nothing :-(
Okay, try this next please. Remove and reinsert the battery on your phone. Unplug the power connector from the back of your wireless routerUnplug the power connector from the back of your modem if you have one.Plug the power connector back into modem (wait a couple of minutes for it to fully boot)Plug the power connector back into the wireless router (wait a couple of minutes for it to fully boot)Then power the phone back on and try connecting again.
Hi, just checking to see if everything is good.Let me know if you need more help please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Still no luck I'm afraid - I don't understand how it could have been working fine and then just stopped?
Okay, try this next please. From the ZTE WiFi menu, tap each network listed in the list, then choose forget . Then power off and back on and try the WiFi again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still hasn't worked I'm afraid. Our internet name in the list says saved, secured with WPA2 and each time I click on that it gives me the option to connect? never says connected? even after I've entered the password.
were you able to choose forget when you tapped on the network name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On our network yes
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for a few minutes, then re-connect, then forget the network again in Settings -> Wi-Fi, then restart the phone again, and see if you can connect. (Note: wi-fi / wireless password ***** *****)- If needed, is your phone able to connect to any other wi-fi / wireless network name?Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.