Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Panasonic KX-FP 185 (bought in 1992 and much loved

My Panasonic KX-FP 185 (bought in 1992 and much loved for its reliability) has just decided not to accept my call greeting message and will only play the factory recorded one (nice but confusing for my British callers). My wife thinks she deleted my previous message accidentally but can't recall how. I think age has caught up with the machine. Any solutions welcomed. Yrs Bruce Abrahams
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Just to confirm, you do get to the process of recording the message correct? Everything appears fine until it plays the recording when someone calls, then it ignores yours?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - procedure followed precisely and double0checked. I haven't had an outside call but when I set the machine to TAD/Fax mode it reverts to the factory message
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. Your wife did not delete the message, it lost it due to this fault
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to replace the unit, the warranty will have expired a long time ago, and a repair for this is not possible.
I am really sorry about this, and if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Richard - I had supposed that to be the problem but it's nice ot hear from you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome, and its always good to have it confirmed.If you need anything else Bruce, please let me know and please remember the service rating via the smiley faces or stars then submit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, great service by the way - smiley face and 5 stars
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** click on the face and submit please?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you