Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a brother lock 9700LD over locker , the timing seems

Customer Question

I have a brother lock 9700LD over locker , the timing seems to be out and threads not looping correctly. Is there something I can do to rectify this myself ? Thanks Susan
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the first straight stitch that not stitching
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Susan,
Try removing the top thread and rethreading the sewing machine.
If that does not work, the next step is to try changing the needle.
Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)
Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done both this'd things numerous times , it's been getting worse for months, at first just missing a few stitches now it prob only stitches 1 in about 100 stitches.
Have re threaded, changed needles cleaned machine of lint no change
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ok, if that did not work, then there may be a fault with the machine itself - it will require servicing to fix it if changing the needle did not help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I came on here for help, not to get an answer that I could find in my manual, it advertises speaking to an expert , so that's why I signed up. I expected some technical advice that an Brother engineer would know .
I have been sewing for over 30 years and it's condescending to assume that the person your talking to hasn't already checked the basic troubleshooting faults that occur.
Total waste of my money to be given the most basic of solutions .