Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic NV-DS300 camcorder and wish to download

I have a Panasonic NV-DS300 camcorder and wish to download into my desktop pc. I cannot find any suppliers of the " Panasonic Personal Computer Connection kit" on the internet. Can I use the DV connection with a VWCD1E firewire cable to download to the pc ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Yes you can as its going to send the signal over this cable. Just make sure you have a capture program in order to record the output such as Avid Pinnacle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not a pc expert. I guess I could find out what the Avid Pinnacle program is from the internet. I cannot find an import port for the VWCD1E cable on the Dell computer - what am I looking for?
Is there anywhere I could purchase the "Panasonic PC Connection kit" or an alternative version of this ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The kit they do not make, but you need a firewire port.
Whats the model of the Dell computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The computer is a Dell Vostro 410 desktop. The back connectors are shown at www.manualslib.com/manual/227581/Dell Vostro 410 .... There are several free USB's at the front. There are 2 free connectors in an expansion card slot at the back.
If I understand you correctly, there is no way I can download videos from my Panasonic NV-DS30 camcorder to the Dell computer. Is this correct ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Correct as it does not have a firewire port, you either will need to get a firewire card, or a computer that has one