Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Hp laptop not charging but saying its plugged in. How do I

Customer Question

Hp laptop not charging but saying its plugged in. How do I get my laptop to charge?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.how old is the laptop and what is the make and model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a year old and hp pavillion
unplug the ac adapter and shut down the laptop, remove the battery and check for any corrosion on the battery contact points. use a flat head screw driver and try to clean the contacts using some alcohol and then install the battery back in.Now all you have to do is connect the ac adapter and let it charger for 30 mins do not power on the laptop all you need to do is power on the ac adapter and connect it to the laptop, power it back on after 30 min and let me know if it has picked up the charger or not.