Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I've installed a Pioneer DEH-1700UBB car -Fi and it won't

Customer Question

I've installed a Pioneer DEH-1700UBB car Hi-Fi and it won't save audio or clock settings.What do you do about this? The car is a VW Caddy van
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you just tell me what to do. I'm sure the answer isn't that involved and I don't mind the 27 pounds or was it dollars I didn't pay attention to that. Just want the answer so I can have my sounds without fiddling around every time I start my engine. This problem is two weeks old now and I'm pretty fed up with it.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joel,
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Does the Pioneer system lose time each time you turn the ignition off?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
There are two power wires, one for ignition and one that should be permanently connected to the battery. The battery wire maintains the memory, time, etc. If it is not connected directly to the 12V battery supply then the system will lose the time when the ignition is turned off.