Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

When and how do I get 7 days back function on my HDD Recorder

When and how do I get 7 days back function on my HDD Recorder DMR-HWT 250?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Philip,Your Panasonic media player needs to be connected to the internet in order for the Freeview Play 7 day function to work.Let me know if you need any additional assistance with this.Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Pete,
I asked for your help, assuming I would be in touch with Panasonic.
Thank you for telling me that I need to be connected to the Internet. I am, but when I follow the Panasonic instruction to access "7 days catch up" all I get is "Catch up-this service will be available soon".
In the Handbook, page 22, it tells me that the "Catch up function will be available through a firmware update as of October 2015" . I can record programmes,
What do I do next?
Go back to ***** *****, from whom I bought the Panasonic? Go to a Windows adviser whom I use? Ask ***** ***** to send their Installer, who will set it it up, at a price? Not being a computer expert, this is what I asked for in the first place, but I was dissuaded on the grounds that setting up the Panasonic recorder to a Panasonic Tv was simply a matter of connecting 2 or 3 wires. What do you advise?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Philip,Your TV will need to receive an update for the service to work.Is the TV left powered on overnight in standby mode to receive updates?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete:
At present, I shut down my TV when not in use, but I will leave it on stand by from tonight as you suggest.
Any other action?
Philip.
Philip Medcalf.