*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Can you tell me please the optimal resolution setting

Can you tell me please the optimal resolution setting and refresh rate for my Samsung SyncMaster E1920
Tom
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Having the proper refresh rate is important to prevent the image being distorted. The refresh rate does not normally need to be adjusted. However, two situations may require you to adjust the refresh rate.If you experience issues with distorted images, or blank monitor screen even when the power LED is ON and the correct source selected, you may need to adjust the refresh rate. You can change the refresh rate in the settings for your computer's graphics card. For instructions on how to do this, refer to the graphics card user manual. See below for standard refresh rates for different monitor type.Optimal Refresh Rate by Monitor TypeSamsung LED and LCD monitors: Optimal refresh rate is 60Hz, regardless of resolution. Samsung UHD monitors: Optimal refresh rate varies depending on the type of connection cable with which it is connected to your computer.HDMI Cable: 30Hz.DisplayPort Cable: 60HzPlease let me know if you need any other assistance. Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent service but please what is the optimum resoltion for this monitor?
It is an LCD monitor / TFT active matrix Optimal refresh rate is 60Hz, regardless of resolution.