Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a panasonicTXL42ET5B which as no red standby light

I have a panasonicTXL42ET5B which as no red standby light on.
I have changed the fuse in the plug and the batteries in the remote which is working on the DVD player.
It probably timed out and switched off when I was out but no red light and no response from the remote,
is there a power on/off button ?
ian
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. Please check rear right side panel for control buttons and lower one is main power button, make sure it is On and check if red standby light lit.If problem still persist then it would be either power supply board or main board failure and it need further troubleshooting inside TV with multimeter to check standby 5V output on power supply board. If standby 5V available then replace main board and if no 5V available then replace power supply board which will help to resolve the problem.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.