Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Brother MFC-J5910DW multi-function printer. It had

Customer Question

I have a Brother MFC-J5910DW multi-function printer. It had a paper jam, which I have cleared. It still simply reports that I need to clear the jam before it will function in any of its capacities. I have checked and rechecked, now some 20 times or more, in front, rear and under cover examinations that no small vestige of paper is somewhere in the machine. I have manually rolled a piece of paper between the under-cover rollers, where the original jam occurred to check that nothing is caught underneath them. It still refuses to function and tells me to clear the jam. Is there anything further I can do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already done Richard, 4 or 5 times, once overnight
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you open the printer please, where you put the ink cartridge's in, and vacuum it out (make sure the power is disconnected first).
Then close it back up, power it on and tell me if you still get the error please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DO I REMOVE THE INK CARTRIDGES? DO I JUST VACUUM THAT COMPARTMENT OR ELSEWHERE AS WELL?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You can leave the cartridges in the printer.
Vacuum everywhere inside the printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'VE VACUUMED INSIDE EVERYWHERE, INCLUDING THE CARTRIDGE COMPARTMENT, AND ON RECONNECTING THE POWER IT'S STILL TELLING ME TO CLEAR A PAPER JAM
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal logic board that has faulted.
We have ruled out all other causes for this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.