Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung s4 mini which loses its sound through the

Customer Question

I have a Samsung s4 mini which loses its sound through the speakers a few seconds after switching from mute and vibrate, but is perfect through the headphones. The problem seems to have started after downloading a couple of apps. I have done a full factory reset but the problem remains.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you did a full reset, it wiped the phone and you had to set it up again like when you first received it correct?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the problem easily
It is the internal speaker that is faulting.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by it being reinstalled.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even though the speaker works for a few seconds each time does that still point to it being faulty?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, as then it shorts out.
There are only two causes, software or hardware, and reinstall the firmware rules out software as the issue for this.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.