michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

Sirs I have a Denon radio ud-m50 which is link to the CD player

Sirs
I have a Denon radio ud-m50 which is link to the CD player dry-m30.
The system is linked to4 speakers via a 2 way speaker selector. I had to move the system for decorating purposes, as the speaker wire goes under the floorboards I disconnected the
Speaker wires that run from the radio to the selector, 4 wires, 2 left and 2 right.
When finished decorating I connected the wires back together as was, I hope, I am not
receiving any sound to the speakers yet the system is working, that is both cd and radio.
Would like some help.
Yours
Ron Willis
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with Denon Radio. I would like you to check and mark the cables running under the floorboard using a continuity tester or a volt meter.
just to make sure the cables are not damaged and we are sure its good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
i see you want a phone call is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will cancel that.
As far as I can see all cables are fine
now unplug all 4 speaker cables from the speaker and the radio. connect one speaker only and check the sound then connect the other speaker black and red cables in pair.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please bare with me as I have to label each wire before disconnecting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just make sure I understand you, I am disconnecting the speaker wires that are attached to the speaker?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Add to the last question I should say the speaker selector
that is correct you must be having 2 pairs of speaker wires running correct, try to unlug both pair and connect one pair and see if you get sound if you get good sound then connect the other pair.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have connected the 4 wires from the radio, that is 2 left and 2 right but I get no sound at all
do you have spare pair of speaker wires i mean not a long wire try to connect to a small wire and then check the speakers for sound and let me know if it works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not understand what you mean!
Apologies
do you have spare wire to connect just one speaker and then test the speakers one by one using a new pair of wires.
connect one speaker directly to the radio using a small length cable and not the existing one to test and let me know if that works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Understood will take a little while as speakers are attach ed to wall
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At last I connected one speaker with original wire from the radio and we have sound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Question: if the wire is ok, could the speaker selector be naff?
sorry about the delay in answering, if the original wire worked that means the wire under the floor is faulty you will have to take care of that by replacing it with new wires.
under floor wires are at fault because wires are not sensitive with polarity as it not passive, if it has breaks the wire will not work so you will have to replace it with new set of wires under floor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That may be difficult as I have said before the wire not only runs under the floor but also go up through the dividing walls to four speakers that sit in the corners, that's 2 in the lounge and 2 in the dinning room.
Each 2 speaker are actually back to back.
I do have a lot of spare wire under the floorboards so I will try and cut a lot of it of and make anew set of connections also replacing the speaker selector and see what happens.
This will take me a few days as I am out all tomorrow . May I make contact at a later date to let you know the results?
Please take your time and do let me know when you get the spearkers connected one by one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have tested a speaker with both sets of wires from the radio and I get sound, so the wire is sound,
I tried the speakers through the selector and I get no sound.
I have been on line and ordered another selector and will try again.
should be after week end, but will let you know the outcome.
Thanks again
sure do let me know the status once you get the selector
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michelle
to update you on our problem on speakers not working.
I have the new selector and slowly one by one I have managed to get all the speakers working.
what I did not know about was the polarity.
so I have the speakers working and selecting correctly for dining room and living room.
I will mark up each wire so nothing like this will happen again.
I thank you for your patience with me, and would recommend yours services to friends.
Best wishes to you, and thanks again,
Ron Willis
you are welcome RonHappy to know that finally all is sortedfeel free to ask me a question in future and i will be glad to assistI hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. If you are unable to follow the steps i gave feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.