michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have the same problem as the man who touched channel button

i have the same problem as the man who touched channel button on his toshiba remote and now get no channels have been installed or no video signal. I have tried ressing the power button [very difficult] on the tv as suggested but no luck
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.let me know the make and model of the Tv you are having problem with.Let me know the problem a bit more in detail.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
toshiba 22D1333B. I switched on today and got the message that no channels have yet been installed. This has happened before when I have inadvertently touched the channel up/down button instead of the volume, and I have somehow managed to sort it [no idea what I did] but can't do it today.
Dont worry we will get it fixed however if you can check the connection to the tv is it on a sattelite dish or you are getting a service from a cable company, let me know how its connected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sky satellite dish.
alright and its connected to which video port?Av or hdmi from the box to the tv?
let me know the model number of your sky set top box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HDMI
thanks for confirming do you get any signal or no channel at all or do you get any error message on the tv when its on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a signal on tv and on sky box but can only get the no channels message
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was all fine earlier today
Your sky+hd box isnt getting a sattelite signal is this the error message you get on the tv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no mention of the sky box-just the message re no channels
can you tell me the model number so that i can take a look at the skybox and provide you further steps to perform.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, the model no of the tv? That's Toshiba 22D1333B 22D1334B
not the tv i need the skybox model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sky+HD 2TB
If you are receiving this error message, trying checking the viewing card is inserted correctly by following the procedure below.Check that your viewing card is properly inserted.1. Switch your Sky+HD box onto standby.2. Remove the viewing card from your Sky+HD box.3. Re-insert the viewing card into the slot marked Sky Viewing Card.4. Switch your Sky+HD box back on.5. Turn to channel 106.6. If your viewing card is not inserted correctly, the message "Please insert your card" will appear.7. In this case, gently tap the front of the card to ensure that it is correctly.
If you are still seeing the on-screen message after re-inserting your card, try performing an Astra channel scan:1. Press services, highlight Settings and press select.2. Press O (zero), 1 then select.3. Highlight Install and press select - an information box will be displayed.4. Press select twice.5. The message "Channel Scan. Now Scanning, please wait." will appear, followed by "Channel Line up complete."6. Press sky on your Sky remote control to confirm that normal viewing has been restored.Change Default TransponderIf that is not helping, change the default transponder:Again press Services on the remote, then 4,then press "0" "1" then press Select,That takes you to the Installer set up menu, - here you can set the transponder. Change to 10.714 H. Reboot and hopefully all is back to normal.If 10.714 H is not helping, please try 11.778 V , 12.207 V or 10.817 V
let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry-I can't get anything on the TV screen apart from the "no channels have yet been installed. Please go to install and re-tune menu to add channels"
did you try the Astra channel search too?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, don't know what that is or how to do it! I'm 72 and not remotely technical!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after pressing buttons on the tv remote, it now says no video available. Any help?
i understand, did you try to remove the viewing card from the settop box and follow the steps i gave you on the top.
Make sure the correct source is selected if the tv is connected to hdmi make sure hdmi is selected then only you will get the video on the screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried the viewing card manoeuvre, but it still didn't do anything. I can get no response from the SKY remote on the tv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yippee-problem solved!! I went to sources on the tv remote and it wasn't on HDMI so I out it on that and eureka! Thank you so much
Great i told you the correct source must be selected as hdmi and you are all set now.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Thank you for using our service
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.