Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a LOGIK L26 HED12 TV about 3 years old. I tried

I have a LOGIK L26 HED12 TV about 3 years old.
I tried to view some pictures via a memory stick without success. Not worried about this but it may have caused another problem. The DVD would come on without touching any controls. This started occasionally but now the DVD will not go off and there is a whirring sound like a motor running. I cannot get around this problem using either the remote or the manual controls. Any suggestions please?
Tim Leverton
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Tim and welcomeThank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have followed your instructions exactly. The whirring has stopped but the DVD is still showing at the 'no disc' stage.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Do you hear any whirring when you try to eject the disk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really good service. Unfortunately the problem could not be resolved. The TV has to go back to the supplier.