Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My KDL-32CX523 lost its wi fi internet connection about a year

My KDL-32CX523 lost its wi fi internet connection about a year ago. It did no software updates and I lost access to iPlayer. I now have a new, more powerful router and all my other devices connect to it with no problem. When I try to connect it confirms that it has found the wireless device on the TV but Lcal access and Internet access fail. I have tried doing both manual and WPS set up and have done a factory reset but the same results.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhen you say Factory Reset, you mean of the KDL correct? And which steps did you take to do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of the KDL by holding down the up arrow on the remote and then turning off the TV using the button at the side.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Button at side of the TV set
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you unplug the wireless adapter, then plug it back in and then try to connect to wifiLet me know if it then connects please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still doesn't connect. Tried manual and also automatically with was button
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wps
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the wifi adapter that has faulted. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it. We also know its not the router as this is the second one it has done this on I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Adapter to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I don't think it is under warranty.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you can use a cable to connect the internet else you would need to purchase a replacement adapter hereClick me to openWhich works with your TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. In the end I got a powering extender and plugged it in directly. Seems more reliable than the expensive adapter. Thanks for your help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to say it then worked fine first time!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Correct, this is why I advised on the cable connection, its more stable as well.If you need anything else, please let me knowAnd please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top then submitThank you