Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

My printer has stopped working wireless after installing new

My printer has stopped working wireless after installing new router although it says the wireless strength is excellent
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your new router?What's the model of your printer?On the printer's screen, is there any menu that you can go to to set up the wireless / WLAN / network settings?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New sky router swapped for old BT type and EpsonWF7610 printer.
Windows10
Thank you. On the printer, have you tried the followings:- Press the Home button on printer, then select the wireless / network icon, then select option Wi-Fi Setup, then select option Wi-Fi Setup Wizard, then select / connect to your new router's wireless network name, then check printing.- Please click on the Epson website below for full instructions / illustrations:https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=233679&prodoid=63099064&foid=253985&cat=237989&subcat=238002- Also, you can see the video instructions at the website below:https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportShowVideo.jsp?UseCookie=yes&oid=233679&void=260981; Note: You need to only watch from the minute 2:35 to 4:02., then check printing.- If needed, on the computer, click on Start -> Settings -> Network & Internet. Then if you use Wi-Fi / wireless for the computer, then click on Wi-Fi on the left, then click on Advanced options on the right (if you use network / ethernet cable, then click on Ethernet on the left, then click on Ether Connected on the right) , then turn on the option Find devices and content, then check printing.- If needed, you can download and reinstall the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package at the website below:https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&oid=233679&prodoid=63099064&infoType=DownloadsPlease reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Asked me to print check network and it says all pass except Detailed IP set up check. then says confirm IP address,subnet mask,and default gateway set up. Connection using the EpsonNet setup is available ???
Is that showing on the printer's screen?- When you tried the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard on the printer's screen, did it show Setup complete at at the minute 3:45 in the video?https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportShowVideo.jsp?UseCookie=yes&oid=233679&void=260981- If yes, when you print the connection connection report, does it show an IP Address number for the printer, such as 192.168.1.25, etc.?Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AFTER GETTING "SETTING UP wIfi" IT COMES UP SET UP FAILED - PRINT CONNECTION REPORT
THE CONNECTION REPORT SAYS CONFIRM IP ADDRESS,SUBNET MASK AND DEFAULT GATEWAY SETUP
Sorry, can you please turn off the printer, then disconnect the power cords from both the new router and the printer, then wait about 5 minutes, then re-connect both, then turn on printer, then try the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard again on the printer and see if it is successful this time or not; if it's successful, it should give an IP Address.- Also, make sure you enter your new router's wi-fi/wireless password ***** key correctly; it is case-sensitive.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, tried again same result "set up failed"
Is your computer wireless? Or is the computer connected to the sky router with a cable?Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot on the router and computer directly through your computer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry,
I was getting a message when trying to open your answer "web site not available"
My failed connection report gives IP address 192.168.1.72
Would i be better omitting the printer and reloading the full printer set up. i think i had to do this before. i am also getting a note at bottom of screen saying (when first switching on) " could not connect all drivers
Yes, you can click on Start -> Settings -> System -> Apps & features, and remove all the Epson programs (or go to Control Panel, and uninstall all the Epson programs), then restart the computer, then download and install the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package at the Epson wehttps://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&oid=233679&prodoid=63099064&infoType=DownloadsPlease let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have re installed the Epson driver and it is now printing.
Thanks for your help.Doug
You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience,