Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a HUDL2. Until now I've never had problems with downloading

I have a HUDL2. Until now I've never had problems with downloading tv programs from BBC iPlayer, but for the last couple of days I haven't been able to. All that happens is the program I want to download is 'added to the queue', but it just stays permanently in the queue and never goes on to get downloaded. Help!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the Hudl2 (the charging cable) Then hold the power button till the menu shows and choose power off.Then power it on and tell me if it now downloads pleaseThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I've just tried to download a program I hadn't already tried, and it's just added it to the queue.
OK, what do I do next please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to switch to a phone call, but for some reason it's not available. I still can't download after following your previous instructions.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you go to settings applications. Then swipe to all and locate iPlayer, press it and press clear data.Then locate download manager, press it and press clear data.Once done, restart the Hudl and tell me if it now functions please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No idea what any of that means. I can't remember where I found the 'settings' menu.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you just need to please follow the instructions as I listed, so swipe from the top of the screen down and press the gear wheel which is settings.Then press on Applications.Then swipe to all and locate iPlayer, press it and press clear data.Then locate download manager, press it and press clear data.Once done, restart the Hudl and tell me if it now functions please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the download manager and where do I find it?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
in the list ALL.If you do the instructions I gave Kate, you will see it, just take the time please and carefully follow the instructions I gave.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've got as far as locating iPlayer and pressing clear data. I do not know what the ALL list is.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You need to swipe with your finger to the list all, you will see at the top o the list your now in your in the list downloaded swipe with your finger please to the list all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really really do not know what you mean. Swipe where? What is the list All? I'm currently in settings, I've selected iPlayer and clear data, the word 'downloaded' is at the top of the screen in the middle, but nothing happens when I swip over the word.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Just swipe please with your finger, on the screen in that list from left to right or right to left, which ever direction allows you to switch lists.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done that
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
so youlocated download manager, press it and press clear data.Once done, restart the Hudl and tell me if it now functions please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot see anything labelled download manager. The word runing is now at the top of the screen in the middle.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, Swipe to the list ALL please, your now in the list running
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am now restarting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, have restarted, and am now downloading a programme. Assuming this has fixed the problem, will the other programs in the queue now automaticallydownload?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If the problem has been resolved then yes it should work as normally.How is it proceeding?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
something odd is happening, I can't seem to find any dowmloaded programs when I tap on 'downloads' within iPlayer, apart form the one I've just downloaded. Have I just deleted the programs which I already had as well as the queue?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If they dissapeared it means iPlayer removed them as these were corrupted, which was causing the initial problem, you will need to redownload these again.But it is now functioning?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I downloaded a program just now, but it's not downloading the programs which were deleted.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
what happens when you try to download one of the missing programs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
'added to queue'. Sigh.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to the play store please, locate iPlayer and see if it has the button update. If so install the update, restart the Hudl and tell me if it now downloads please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know what play store means. How do I find it?
OK, found it, but I've no idea what to do next. It's not something I've ever used before, as far as I know, and I can't see anything inviting me to update it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Press on the Magnifying glass and search for iPlayer locate iPlayer and see if it has the button update. If so install the update, restart the Hudl and tell me if it now downloads please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the options are open or uninstall
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then there are no updates.So they are still not downloading? You sure its not just waiting on the new downloads to complete?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no downloads to complete, because absolutely everything was deleted, the queue, the 2 programmes I had already downloaded, everything. The only download showing is the one I've just now sone.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, thats what I mentioned before, it removed all corrupted downloads so you have to download it all again.So I need to know please, when you choose to download something now, is it now downloading?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just trying to download one of the deleted downloads, and it appears to be downloading..... I presume next time this happens I'll just follow the same instructions. Thanks for your help, good bye.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Correct as this will clear it out for you.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. and please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I have a request you want me to call you, do you want this still as I thought the problem was now fixed Kate?