*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have bought a sony bravia Android 55" TV today and it will

Customer Question

I have bought a sony bravia Android 55" TV today and it will not set up. All I get on the screen is a picture of a hand with a red circle with a blue arrow revolving and a picture of a plug?? I have turned the TV off, the wifi off and everytime I turn the TV back on I get the same screen. I started the TV set up with no problem and now it will not do anything else. Please help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
That is the software update on the Android™ It is normal and may take approximately 30 minutes depending on the speed of your Internet connection.NOTE: To speed up the process and to prevent any interruptions, it is recommended to use wired connection when performing a software update.During the Initial Setup, you have the option to start the software update at a later time by pressing the BACK button on the supplied remote control to return to the previous screen where you can select Update later. In this case, theSystem update screen will be displayed on the screen the next time you turn on the TV.If you choose to perform the software update after the initial setup, a spinning arrow will be displayed on the TV screen indicating that the software update is already being processed. The TV will display the following icons and message.Please let me know if you need any other assistance. Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!