Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My 40" LED Smart TV bought in May 2015 now exhibits the words

my 40" LED Smart TV bought in May 2015 now exhibits the words as follows across the screen.
Wifi dongle-removed
Wifi dongle-detected
This happens for about 1/2 an hour. How do I remove?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeDoes the TV have a Wifi Dongle connected to it? you will see it sticking out of the USB port
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, remove it from the TV, then power off the TV (so remove the power cable from the socket)Wait 5 minutes, power on the TV, connect the Dongle and tell me if you still get the error please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have done as requested problem still there.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me the make and model of the TV please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JVC LT-40C755
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksI want you to reset the TV please, which will return it to new like when you first received it.To do thisPress the MENU button and then press the buttons to select the INSTALL AND RETUNE and then press the OK button. The INSTALL AND RETUNE menu will be displayed.Press the up and down buttons to select FIRST TIME INSTALLATION and then press the OK button.Press the up and down buttons to select YES the press OK. The screen will turn black and then in a few seconds you will see the FIRST TIME INSTALLATION MENU.set up the TV again and tell me if you still get the error please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks.Problem has disappeared.Keeping fingers crossed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect! It was the firmware was the issue.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you