Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I seem to have lost my photos from my Samsung s6 Galaxy

Customer Question

Hi I seem to have lost my photos from my Samsung s6 Galaxy do you know if I can retrieve them?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeAre you meaning you cannot see the photos you took in the gallery app anymore?Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes when I go in to the gallery app there are only a few left the rest are gone
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you Hold the power button until you see a menu and choose Restart.Restart the Phone and tell me please if the photos come back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just the same as before
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, open the camera app, press on the photos in the bottom corner and tell me if you see them there please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they are not there
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Are these photos you took on the camera or from another source?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They where a mixture from my iPhone 5 and this phone
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, open the My Files App, select pictures and tell me if you see them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only pictures there are the ones left in my gallery a
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then they have been deleted, or corruption occurred and the phone removed them.I advise to install the app Dropbox so you can avoid this in the future as it would then backup these photos online, so you would always have a second copy.For now, your only option would be to attempt a recovery program such as the one on my link belowhttps://www.wondershare.com/data-recovery/android-data-recovery.htmlIf the photos can still be recovered then this program will do it, but they are 100% not on the phone anymore sorry.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you