Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 G-P7510 16gb tablet computer

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 G-P7510 16gb tablet computer - is there such a thing as a phone number for this device and, if so, where do I find it? If not, can one use a later model to send and receive texts as I can do on my PC??
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeFor a Phone number you need to be able to add a sim card from a cell provider and this model does not allow this. So you do not get a phone number not can it send and receive Text Messages.It can do emails and messages via programs as Facebook Messenger, but not via the mobile network.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard,Thx for the prompt response!If one can't, (and I didn't think that would be the case), can I use a later model to send and receive texts as I can do on my PC??
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
the Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch with Voice calling allows you to, but make sure you check when purchasing which one as there is two models, with the only difference being that you can call or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx - over + out!